INTEGRAL INNOVATION AND PRACTICE
The aim is for you to experience the integral approach in action and explore how it can be leveraged for sustainable innovation in the business context. The module is designed to further develop your capacities as creative thinkers, innovators, and positive change makers.
IIP is an interactive module and employs a flipped-classroom approach. This means that there are no traditional lectures to be attended. Instead you will participate in workshops and seminars where you will take part in a mix of hands-on activities, impulse discussions, and feedback sessions. In a nutshell, the emphasis in IIP is on experimentation and experiential learning.
Any theoretical material that may aid your understanding of and participation in the tasks at hand will be made available to you online for your independent study outside of the classroom. This means that it is your responsibility to show up to the workshops and seminars prepared. It is also assumed that you have a good understanding of the conceptual frameworks taught in New Venture Thinking (note: NVT is a prerequisite to IIP). If this is not the case, it will be your responsibility also to revise the NVT material and fill any knowledge gaps you may have.
IIP will take you on an experiential journey through the integral innovation approach, which blends together elements from design thinking, integral practice, systems thinking, and entrepreneurship practice. At the end of the module, you will not only have learned new processes and tools for sustainable innovation, but you will also have applied them to a real-world problem and developed an integral and viable solution for it.
- To develop your proficiency in the use of integral innovation tools and methods for business innovation.
- To develop your creative thinking and problem solving skills as well as your sensitivity for sustainability issues from an integral vantage point.
- To enable you transfer the acquired skill set to your workplace or venture.
- Understand the rationale and application of integral innovation
- Develop ventures which are holistically sustainable and economically productive
- Leverage openness, participation and experimentation in innovation
- Enable innovation and reflective practice in teams
- Utilise ecological and societal challenges as opportunities for business innovation
Third year students. BSc Business Studies, BSc Management.
|1||Introduction and Challenges|
|2||Fast Forward + Present Prototype|
|5||Offering Design 1|
|6||Offering Design 2|
|7||User Journey / Service Blueprinting|
|8||User Journey / Service Blueprinting|
|10||Story & Delivery|
- Human Centered Design Toolkit (download PDF here)
- Cradle to Cradle – Remaking the Way We Make Things: Michael Braungart – William McDonough, Vintage Books, ISBN 0-099-053547-5
- Thinking Course – Powerful Tools to Transform your Thinking: Edward de Bono, BBC Active, ISBN 1-406-61202-2
- Gamestorming: A Playbook for Innovators, Rulebreakers, and Changemakers: Dave Gray et al., O’Reilly Media, ISBN 0-596-80417-2
- Creative Confidence – Unleashing the Creative Potential Within Us All: David Kelley and Tom Kelley, ISBN 0-007-51797-1
- Permaculture Principles & Pathways Beyond Sustainability: David Holmgren, Permanent, ISBN 1-856-23052-X
Your contact for Integral Innovation & Practice
Get in touch with us to find out more about the module and its contents or host it at your institution.